Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Night out on the town!


So the last couple of days have been a riot!! Yesterday we went on a scenic tour of Agasaka where the Diet (government house) is which was really nice. It's set up just like ours, at least building wise and it was actually more exciting then I thought it would be.

We have several sessions for orientation which I'm sad to say were quite boring...well maybe boring isn't the right word...how about uninteresting!!! I'm pretty sure just about all the teachers had ADHD...I don't think I've ever had more sympathy for my students than when we were in these mtgs!! They gave us a lot of rules and regulations...do's and don'ts...where you should go and shouldn't go...and of course like humans when they told us not to go somewhere our first instinct was to get a group together and plan to go and so that's what we did! And of course the rebellion was led by a Hawaiian teacher named Troi who also got a tattoo the first night in Tokyo so I automatically knew that this was gonna be a fun trip out on the town.

The town we were NOT suppose to go to was called Rappongi which I guess is notorious for gangs (oooops I mean underground groups as they told us to say) from lots of different countries. To get here we had to take the metro which wasn't as crowded as we thought it would be which was nice especially after the lengthy and multiple lectures we got about groping on the trains so we were making sure that the guys hands were kept off our tushies and that if we did by any chance get groped they would stand up for our honor...we'll see how far that gets us ;-).

Anywho back to the forbidden city...we ended up in some Sportsbars and then with the persuasion of some men on the streets 9one in particular that almost got is hand smacked because he was getting a little too close) we ended up in a decent nightclub in which we me and one other black female teacher were showing them how to have fun...but to our surprise we were almost out done by some drunk Japanese men so of course with that challenge we showed them who was boss and hands down I think we had them beat! Who knew a bunch of teachers could be so fun!

Tonight a group of us are heading to a Japanese baseball game in the rain which I know is going to be a riot because the same rebels that went out last night are heading this game adventure up so let the games begin!

Well I'm off to another session in which I will keep an open mind about and do some positive thinking...this won't be boring, this won't be boring, this won't be boring! let's see how far that gets me...Peace our cub scouts!

Oh P.S. I' try and posts some pictures tonight after the game if it isn't too late!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Hey... update your trip, Girl! Didn't you just love Japan? Are you still in there, or back in Kona, or on your trip back home? Sounds like you had a great start... what about the rest? Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing more pics.

Mr. Troi said...

viva la revolucion...long live the rebellion! Eh sista, updates! Hope all is well.