Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've arrived!!!






So I arrived in San Francisco Saturday night...late where I was met by my two cousins. Man alive was it a late night!!! First I had to check into my hotel and then we drove an hour to Suisun, CA just so I could spend the night, get up early to see soem more cousins and then drive 1 1/2 hrs back to San Fran for my mtg! It was crazy hectic and traffic was horrible but I absolutely loved seeing the sites like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatrez, the airport, and parts of Napa Valley. This is definately a place I would love to come back to for like a week with some friends...anyone up for the taking?



Sunday afternoon we had dinner with the Japanese Consulate which was AMAZING!!! I'll have to upload pictures! He and his wife were superb hosts and made us all feel so welcomed! You would be proud of me...I tried some new things and this time I didn't gag...I just smiled, chewed, and swallowed! YEAH!!! Oh so I'm no the best photographer in the world but on the heels of chance and luck I took an amazing picture of the sunset over the Golden gate Bridge and no I was not the only person who thought the picture was fabulous! ;-)



After the consulate dinner we came back to a gorgeous hotel where we had a little time to relax before we retired to bed for a long, long, long trip to Japan!



So, a little about some of the other teachers. I'm not the youngest teacher here. There's actually 2 of us that just finished our first year of teaching! She's really nice...from Alabama and teaches 4th grade. I've met a lot of the teachers from all the states including DC. We are definately a melting pot...there's black, white, asian, hawaiian (he's from Oahu), hispanic, arabic, and european! Some are quite old (they should be retiring soon) and some like I said are still getting our feet wet. All subjects are represented with the exception of PE and there's only two other Special Ed teachers here.

Well I'm off but I'll try and posts some pics soon!

No comments: